AddressCentre Culturel Irlandais
The Médiathèque holds the biggest Irish collection in France. You can borrow and browse through over 18,000 items.
You will find:
- 8000 books: novels by great Irish masters as well as young writers, history and geography books, music and scores, artists’ catalogues…
- 700 music CDs of all genres: traditional, rock, folk, classical, contemporary music
- 300 films and documentaries: Song of the Sea, The Wind That Shakes the Barley, Bloody Sunday…
- 120 audio books from Gulliver’s Travels and Ulysses to contemporary novels and RTE Radio documentaries
- 150 events recorded in the context of the cultural programme such as Seamus Heaney’s reading in the courtyard in June 2013
- 10000 online biographical resources
- 230 press titles
The computers available to members give access to:
- an audiovisual database to consult all the multimedia collection on site: films, music CDs, audio books, recorded events…
- several databases for digital academic journals, newspaper archives, biographies...
Ask at the reception for access to browse them!